Stories, not facts, are how we change things, how we change our world.
But most of us are pretty reluctant to tell them – we don’t know how or we don’t think we should. And that’s fine ‘cos I don’t want you just telling stories.
You’ve got to use them. Using stories well is how we change our world.
Ready to start?
Who’s the 69stories challenge for?
You know who you are. You want to tell stories in your presentations, to use them in your social media, or even at the pub – but you can’t or don’t.
Maybe you don’t know how, or don’t feel you know any good stories. Or maybe you think storytelling is just for kids (it isn’t) and haven’t grabbed onto the idea of story-using yet…
Why 69 stories?
Not because it’s going to take 69 days! By the end you’ll have a fully catalogued collection of stories you can use almost anywhere – just like the professionals – in about a month.
This is what professional presenters do… we sound like we can speak better about anything because we can – because of our story libraries! (Oh, and we throw in training on how to tell those stories too!)
Telling stories is only part of if. Think of yourself as a user of stories, not just someone who tells them…
What will you find in 69stories?
Here’s what you get – and what you have have to do if you’re up for the challenge!
- curated access to a fist-full of training videos – just because I’ve got ’em and they’re useful
- access to the Trello and Notion 69stories templates – you can copy it and have somewhere to jot all your stories down, fully catalogued
- motivational and fun updates – well I think they’re fun at least! 😉
- help tips and micro-trainings
- mini-challenges: from “find a story with a parrot in it!” or “grab three stories from any four of these categories” or “capture a story before breakfast!”
- extra training emails with extra, specially-for-this-challenge, training
- pointers to existing material that supports, depends and broadens this training-challenge
- entry to my #TalkTactics newsletter into the future
- free access to our “Reluctant Storyteller“.
In short, you’ll be better equipped and better armed as a storyteller.
What’s the word from others about 69stories?
How do I sign up and what’s the cost?
Just use the form below to give us your details. We’ll do the rest. It’s only $36 so it’s a bit of a no-brainer.
We’ll send you to an introduction page and we’ll automatically add you to the challenge list, so that your challenge and training emails start to arrive… best make very sure you use the right email address! 🙂I’m ready for 69stories – sign me up!
But wait… What should put you off?
Well this is part training and part challenge – you’ve got to be prepared to do some work! My advice is to pick a month when you’re not likely to have an urgent crisis, so that you don’t fall behind. The emails are specially timed to be challenging-but-do-able, so if you fall behind it might be tricky to catch up.
Honestly I’d rather you waited to do 69stories than try it before you’re ready!
But don’t panic if you don’t manage the whole challenge first time around, because even just trying a bit of it gets you further than you were! And what’s more, you’ll have access to the content for as long as you need it, so you can have another go.
The other thing that should put you off is if your only interest is in telling stories. (Yeah, obviously you need to have a library of ’em first, but …). If that’s you, you’re better off looking at the Reluctant Storyteller Starter Pack.